Well I thought it was appropriate anyway.
My family was pretty supportive. Brandon wore the Parowan hat I got him to the Beaver game. Mom and dad were diligent in wearing their t-shirts, and LeeAnn game to more games than anyone. My first home game was on the 1st day of school and I literally thought my head and heart was going to explode from all the stress and worry of getting through my classes, and getting the gym set up and ready and as if that wasn't enough I had Back to School Night after the game. Right in the middle of me about ready to explode I got a little present brought down from the office.
Yep I was sent flowers from my mom and dad. I was totally surprised. They both couldn't make it to my game that night and they just wanted to wish me good luck. After that I calmed down and went to work. Echoing in my head was one of dads famous sayings "Quit your worring and get the JOB DONE!" So that is what I did. Two good things happened: We won the ballgame against Grantsville and the game took so long that I missed Back to School Night...darn (I hate when that happens). The season got off to a good start. I couldn't have asked for more. The following week my girls won the North Sevier Tournament. We had some rough patches during the middle of our season but my girls battled back and came up with some big wins. We ended up third in our region and we headed off to state. The State Tournament just wasn't our weekend. We had a rough first game with North Summit which we didn't win and a BATTLE with Kanab in our second. So my team didn't take state...they didn't even place. I guess I could measure the success of this team by their win/loss record but I just don't think I can. I had girls on my team learn and play new positions, fight though injuries, improve their skills 110%, work hard everyday in practice, build each other up when one person was down, love and enjoy each other's company and we LAUGHED!!! I love every single one of the girls on my team. I forgot that among all the stress, anxiety and ulcers that the reward in the end are the relationship that have been built during the season on and off the court. Absolutely priceless. I was and am blessed for having this opportunity to coach and to rub shoulders with some top athletes in the state of Utah. My team is truly AMAZING!!! Thanks girls for making this experience worth it!
I LOVE this picture! This is my entire team and it is a true representation of how interconnected they were.
This is my Varsity team!
This is the J.V. team with my assistant coach Brooke Bakker.
This is my freshman team with my other assistant coach Colton Reinholtz.
CAN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!






No comments:
Post a Comment